Plan and Execute - 5-min Morning Journal #220309

"A good plan can help with risk analyses but it will never guarantee the smooth running of the project." ~ Bentley and Borman

What did you dream? Does it solve a problem?

I was prepared to write the checklist on a used sheet of paper (a pink certificate) for the client. Then i met Ai. Outside the corridor she told me to out keep that paper out of sight and just bring along the file. We entered the client's (Hossan) office. He led us into his office. Huge pieces of brown paper lay across the office tables with blank lines and circles manually drawn. 

Oh my goodness, I thought, the project is bigger than my one sheet of used paper... and I haven't read the equipment manufacturer's long setup instructions sent by email. 

My job at this meeting is to fill in the project timeline... which I am going figure out right there on the spot. 

I thought. This isn't my expertise. This isn't what I was contracted to do. This is going to take months and I am only paid for one consultation session. Did I just put myself into a job bigger than me?

Photo by Yaroslav Shuraev from Pexels


Lesson of the dream? Stay calm if you know what is happening. Otherwise learn as much as possible. Seek help to get things done. ✨️  Charge by the hour. There is no project too big to handle. Go learn how buildings constructions are managed. 


========

The Stages of Construction Project Management
  1. Design.
  2. Pre-Construction.
  3. Procurement.
  4. Construction.
  5. Commissioning.
  6. Owner Occupancy.
  7. Project Closeout.
========

So it's similar to the video production stages and there is software to manage. 


What am I thankful for right now?

I had a good 6 hour sleep. 


What 1 task did I accomplish yesterday?

✨What 1 thing will I complete today?  

  • 👉 Post one video Shorts... #sayitright
  • 👉 Complete YM SECRET test
  • 👉 DOCUMENT new Yolobox Pro update 1.5.1
  • 👉 Collect parcel an document the unboxing. 


~ Adrian Lee

Ps:

🐞 Is today a WEEKEND (Fri, Sat, Sun)? Don't start anything; clean up what I started. Successful people spend family time, Me-time, clear clutter, and strategize the week. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming