How Long Does It Take To Make A Youtube Video

How long does it take to produce a 5 minute Youtube video? How long should it take to edit a 10 minute Youtube video?




Based on research... "The more subscribers the creator had, the longer it took to create a video."

I thought I know everything about video production. 

I thought I should be able to produce a video faster than someone less experienced than me.

Then why am I talking days and weeks to come up with my next YouTube video?

I was faster in the old days. Maybe I am growing old. 

I almost confirmed my days are over when I came across that research.

"Contrary to intuition, the more pro you become on YouTube, the more time you spend making a video!"

There are 3 Types Of YouTube.

1. New YouTubers, who just started on YouTube
2. Small YouTubers, who have less than 1000 subscribers
3. Pro YouTubers, who have been making YouTube videos


How Long Does It Take To Create A YouTube Video?

Research shows an average of 7 hours for every 1–5 minutes of video uploaded to YouTube!

Creating a YouTube video takes time, dedication, and effort. 

That usually includes the 7 Steps Of Making A YouTube Video. 
  1. Researching
  2. Scripting
  3. Recording
  4. Editing
  5. Audio mixing
  6. Thumbnail creation
  7. Search Engine Optimization 

Gamers and casual vloggers do it faster than Tech video creators. 

I was an event videographer for many years. 

I could shoot, edit, and produce a 5-minute final video in a single day. Eg. Wedding Highlights. 

How can I apply the same concept to my review videos?

Try cutting research and scripting. Go straight into recording the exploration of a product. Maybe editing along the way. Treat it like an event. 

~ Adrian Lee

Research Source - https://medium.com/rizzle/how-long-does-it-take-to-create-a-youtube-video-266ae3496bf3















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming