Should I Sell my Acer Spin 5 Laptop or Replace the Battery

Is it worth replacing the Acer Spin 5 battery? 

Our old Acer Spin 5 battery cannot hold its charge for more than 1 hour.

How old? We bought it on 12 March 2018. 

It's now August 2022. That makes it just over 4 years old.

Should I replace the battery?

Or should I sell it and get a new laptop? 

We bought the Acer Spin 5 (model Spin SP513-52N-89LS) at S$1500. 

The used price on Carousell r from S$300 to S$900. 

A new laptop (Macbook Air M2) cost S$1699. 

Why choose Macbook over a Windows? Coz the price on Carousell for used apple MacBook air 2018 range from S$800 to S$1000. That's a better value. 

How much does a battery replacement cost?

… waiting for my favorite computer repair expert to reply… it’s S$120.  

I read that the battery is hard to find and if it’s available it’s not original. 

A non-genuine battery costs about S$65… https://www.laptopbattery.com.sg/acer/acer-spin-5-sp513-52n-batteries.htm

How about asking Acer? 

I must visit them physically.

Please share your thoughts. 

~ Adrian Lee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming