iPhone vs Samsung - Which One is Worse

I am testing if I can go back to the iPhone from my Samsung. 

So I have the Samsung Galaxy S10 and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. 

The main device I use every day is the Samsung which I am about to upgrade to the latest version... S22 or higher.

The iPhone is just for denaturation and training purposes for my mobile videography class... https://www.videolane.com/courses/

Before I upgrade the Samsung I should not let the iPhone go to waste. 

So let's see if I can go backward and sacrifice all the things I can do on the Samsung. 

I will use the iPhone daily without the SIM card for a few days. 

I will list down what's missing... Hence the title of this journal. 

If the iPhone passes the test the SIM card will be transferred over. 

Otherwise, I will order the upcoming S23. 

Cons of iPhone 12 Pro Max:

  1. I cannot add a website to the home screen from Chrome on iPhone. I have to install yet another Shortcuts app to do that. 
  2. On Google Calendar I cannot search past events behind 2020 whereas on Samsung Google Calendar I can go up to 2017. 
  3. Double tapping on a URL does not highlight the whole. Samsung can do that hence making it easier to copy and paste. 
  4. Google Gboard on iPhone does not capitalize words when the shift button use tapped. I could save a lot of typing time on Samsung. 
  5. I cannot rename image files on iPhone. I can do that with the Google files app on Samsung, so I can improve my website SEO when I upload the image. There is a way to do it on iPhone but See the frustrated comments here… https://webtrickz.com/rename-photos-iphone/
  6. Randomly, the keyboard will not close when I tap on Done. Frustrating and wastes my time. 
  7. Chrome will not auto-fill passwords on sites it deems unsecured. Even on sites that it has been auto-filling on Samsung. ( On iPhone Settings, go to Face ID and Passcode, and turn on Password Autofill.)
  8. The camera cannot focus on close ups less than 6 inches. Very hard to shoot product reviews. 
  9. Cannot mirror display on Windows without paid app. 
  10. Mirrored display of the native Camera on a Macbook does not rotate to horizontal. 
  11. Iphone cannot show finger taps which I use all the time to record Capcut editing tutorials on the s10. 
  12. Cannot download music from browser into Capcut. 
  13. Native camera does not auto rotate when screen casting. 
Cons of Samsung Galaxy S10: 
  1. The Keyboard always blocks the bottom of a long Blogspot post when typing. iPhone is ok. 
  2. Google Calendar does not convert a URL in the event title into an easily clickable hyperlink. The iPhone version does. 
This post is still in progress. Bookmark and check back for updates. 

Update: The above iPhone Cons list is getting longer than Samsung already. The test is not over yet. 

Feel free to share your thoughts with me. 

If the iPhone fails, then I will sell the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Get iPhone SE for training. Get Samsung S22 or S23 for daily use. Sell S10. 

~ Adrian Lee





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming