Adrian's Journal 220209 - Attempting a co-working Twitch stream

Wed 9 Feb 2022

What's a co-working live stream? I discovered it when I was searching if anyone streams while working without speaking. Yes, there are. It is exactly what it says, it's a stream that invites viewers to work with you. 

I successfully streamed publicly for 6 plus hours though without any audience. 

That's in the day. At night I streamed again on Tiktok in front of an audience. 

Here's what I did and learned. 

  • I used Yolobox Pro to stream directly to Twitch and switched between a wide shot of my desk, my computer screen, and my phone screen. 
  • I streamed for over 6 hours without talking, because that's what other co-working streamers do... And they have an audience of about 50 watching. 
  • I streamed myself working, making my product review video, doing admin work, and taking breaks.
  • I managed to complete a product review shoot of the Creative Live webcam showing my production process all the way. 
  • I used the Yolobox scoreboard overlay as my Pomodoro timer and keep a tab of the number of work sessions vs break sessions.  
  • Doing a co-working stream breaks the procrastination habit as a solopreneur working from home because you know there will be people watching. 
  • Why am I doing this? I have been a vlogger for a long time and wished I recorded my life 24 hours. Now it's possible. 
  • I streamed on Twitch for over 6 hours.
  • Also, it's about marketing, Just wait till my audience builds up to a decent crowd. I know because it's happening on Tiktok Live. 
  • I went live at night on Tiktok because the peak hour where my followers are most active is 9 pm. 
  • I started late at 9.30 pm because of preparation and motivation issues. The audience dwindled along the way.
  • At any one time, there were more than 10 viewers. 
  • I was recording my next Tiktok content in this stream, the Dr. Strange Portal tutorial
  • The viewers were actively commenting. Some asked to follow my Twitch. Many were appreciative of my work. Some tell me have to go the bed. 
  • I streamed on Tik-Tok live for 3 hours.
To make it better, I will start the co-working stream earlier, maybe at 9 am. As for the Tiktok stream, it's better to start at 8 pm and end after 9 pm to catch the most active time. It will also be better if I can monetize my Tik Tok videos.


10:00 Streamed co-working on Twitch

13:00 Streamed co-working on Twitch

16:15 Unboxed Creative Live Webcam

19:30 Watched Manifest on Netflix

21:30 Done Tiktok live - Dr. Strange Portal

23:00 

Noted Samsung Galaxy Unpacked | 9 February 2022, 11 pm SGT https://itfairsingapore.blogspot.com/2022/01/samsung-galaxy-unpacked-9-february-2022.htm







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming