Adrian's Journal 220208 - How I Conducted a Zoom Class

Tue 8 Feb 2022  

One full day of focus on the Zoom Class.  

The class went well I guess. 18 participants. No one filled out the feedback form, but they left chat messages that they liked the class. This is one very quiet class and I had to do a lot of encouragement for interaction.  

How Did I Conduct this Zoom Class?

  • The class was streamed via the Zoom software on a MacBook Air M1 connected to the internet directly via Ethernet using a USBC multi-adapter. 
  • Two sources were used. The Macbook Air M1 webcam and the full-screen display.  
  • I logged from a phone as a participant so I can see and hear what participants are experiencing.  
  • The phone is also used for viewing chat messages because I cannot see the chat messages on the computer while presenting the slides.  
  • Only 3 out of the 18 participants talked to me on the mic. So I encouraged the rest to leave me messages, which they did.   
  • At first, I wanted to integrate the Yolobox Pro, but because I needed the audio playing directly from the Mac and the iPhone, I streamed only using Zoom. (coz Zoom cancels out the music and other sounds picked up the mic except for my voice.) 
  • I believe music makes my presentation more engaging, so I arrange my slides to automatically play some upbeat background music during break time. 
  • My iPhone 12 Pro Max is connected to the MacBook Air M1 via lightning to USB-C cable with the display and sound mirrored using Quicktime. 
  • My Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S10 is also connected via the Airdroid app to a website. No sound goes through for this one, so I had the challenge to let participants hear the sounds. 
  • The iPhone and Android are for demonstrating the mobile video editing app I am teaching, FilmoraGo. Hence sound is so important. 
  • I used the Logitech H111 connected to the MacBook Air as my mic and earphones to listen to participants.


04:00 Adjusted Course Slides last-minute information

08:30 Logged in and Tested the Zoom Setup

09:30 Done Online Zoom Class FilmoraGo Video Editing, for Inspizone

19:30 Watched Manifest Season 2 ep4 on Netflix

23:00 Done gaming

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming