Up Your Game in Conducting Online Classes

How can I connect my DSLR to my computer as a webcam for better quality online courses?

I get this question after my post on using the GoPro as a webcam for live streaming.

So here is my answer.

If you seriously want to up the game in your live online presentation, one camera alone cannot cut it.

You will look more professional with a multicamera setup.

  1. One camera with the close-up shot of your talking head.
  2. One camera with a wider shot of yourself and the flip chart or whiteboard.
  3. One camera with a close-up shot of the flip chart or whiteboard or any product you want to demonstrate.
  4. One video source with your presentation slides and your face in one corner.
  5. One simple switcher to switch between the above scenes.

I have created a video on how to do that. Watch it here… https://youtu.be/-qls8CdnnXw

You don’t need a crew to operate this system.

The next step is to edit and repurpose the recorded footage.

Again you don’t need an editor if you know which software to use.

In all my classes, I never fail to recommend this editing software.

It so happens that I never teach this software, because it is not free.

The software is Filmora9.

People who know about it have been asking me to teach it.

So I have created a class and it will be conducted via video conferencing.

I will be demonstrating…

  • How to make quick cuts to the beat of the music,
  • How to create your own opening video logo,
  • How to insert animated pop-up text, arrows, shapes, emojis and more…

All the visuals that will make your video stand out… https://filmora-video-editing.eventbrite.sg/

https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/filmora9-video-editing-class-for-beginners-tickets-60038762555

Preparing the online class is my challenge for this week.

Are you doing live streaming? Which camera are you using?

Leave a comment.

Share this post.

From the Journal of Adrian Lee…  https://adrianvideoimage.com/

PS:

Small kiddo is working from home today as an intern for an essential service company.

Oil prices down. Virgin airline collapsing. Macdonald’s outlets closed. People losing jobs. I don’t even know what to imagine next. This is 21 April 2020, the beginning of the covid-19 economic impact.

Dreamt about listing things in order. A timely reminder to write my posts as numbered lists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing