Why I Love Using Zoom Meeting for My Online Classes

I hated Zoom at first. I was wrong.

I slept like a log last night. My energy is totally drained after 2 full days of training over the weekend.

This is my first time teaching live online… And I love it! Here’s why…

  • I thought it will be easier, less tiring, to teach online. I was totally wrong. I still used the same amount of energy. I get the same amount of satisfaction from completing the challenge. I’m a perfectionist.
  • I thought that it’s harder to get the attention of participants because they are in the comforts of their home. I was wrong. It was, in fact, easier to get an individual’s attention. Maybe because I have less than 10 participants in the class.
  • I thought participants attention will not last more than half a day taking a course online. I was wrong. Participants were listening intently from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm with 3 short breaks in between. How do I know they were paying attention? I can see their faces. I can hear their voices.

Thanks to Zoom.

  • Participants can show me the gear they have, those big one’s they cannot carry to the physical class.
  • They can show me their screens while learning the ropes of video editing, so we can all help each other.

Well, maybe it’s our first time. Both trainer and participants finding it a novelty interacting using Zoom for first time.

Whatever it is, I am going to do it again this Friday with a 3-hour lesson on video editing with Filmora9https://filmora-video-editing.eventbrite.sg/

https://www.eventbrite.sg/e/filmora9-video-editing-class-for-beginners-tickets-60038762555

What is your experience using Zoom meeting?

Leave a comment.

Share this post.

From the Journal of Adrian Lee…  https://adrianvideoimage.com/

PS:

I am thankful for having work to do while staying at home.

This week, wifey will work one day from home. Small kiddo will work two days from home. Big kiddo is studying from home. I am loving this new norm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing