Should your blog have a static home page or show the latest posts?

I have tested both the static home page and showing the latest posts.  

I prefer showing the latest post against the advice of marketing gurus.  

Here are 3 reasons for my decision.

1. Visitors land on my front page looking for the latest trending topic. These trending topics are found in the sidebar and not in the main content.  

2. The home is automatically updated as long as I post new articles. The static page just withers away in the depth of search engines. 

3. Life is easier now that I only need to focus on creating new posts instead of also updating my front page content. 

So, today I switched my home page back to showing the latest posts... https://www.videolane.com/  

~ Adrian Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription