How to use mirrorless camera for multi live streaming without a computer or phone

I am about to document how I use my Panasonic mirrorless camera to multi-stream live on Facebook, Youtube, and Twitch without using a computer or a phone. 

3 Ways to Live Stream

I use 3 ways to broadcast a live stream? 

- The first and easiest way is to use a phone with the Prism Live Studio app and my favorite Joby tripod phone case. 

- The second way is to stream from my laptop using the OBS Studio Software and the built-in laptop webcam. 

- The third way is to use a dedicated live streaming encoding hardware or device so that I can stream at higher quality by connecting my mirrorless camera. 

The third method is the setup I'm going to talk about in this video.

Check out the links to all the items I just mentioned in the description or comments below. 

The Yolobox Mini

This live streaming encoding device is the Yolobox Mini AND it's not just an encoder.  

The Yolobox Mini is also...

- a monitor,

- a recorder, and

- a multi-platform streamer.

Keep watching and I will demonstrate what else it can do. 

Yolobox vs Pro vs Mini

Right now as I am recording this in the year 2022, there are 3 Yolobox versions out there. 

- The first Original one-of-its-kind Yolobox was introduced to the live streaming market with all-in-one features including the encoder, monitor, recorder, multi-streamer, and multi-camera switcher. 

- The Yolobox Pro came later with additional features and more video inputs. 

- The Yolobox Mini is the newest among the lot designed for a different type of user.  

There 3 distinct differences in the Yolobox Mini.  

1. First, it is the newest and the most affordable among the lot. 

2. Secondly, it has only one video input, unlike the multi-camera features in the other 2 Yolobox.  

3. Finally, as the name implies, it is small, nearly the size of a phone. 

Because of its mini size, it is definitely targeted at solo vloggers or live streamers like me. 



What is multi-streaming?

Multistreaming means going live on multiple platforms, like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn, simultaneously.

Can you live stream with a mirrorless camera? How do I connect my live camera to the live stream? What equipment do I need for live streaming? 


Can I use an external camera for Facebook live?  

What is the best setup for live streaming?

How much does a good streaming setup cost?

How do professionals live on Facebook?

How do I connect my Canon camera to Facebook Live?

What equipment do most streamers use? 

Does YouTube charge for live streaming? 

Does streaming cost money?

How do you get high-quality videos on Facebook Live?  

How long can you livestream on Facebook? 

Do you need 1000 subscribers on YouTube to live stream?  

Can you live stream 4K on Facebook?





3 ways to stream

- phone

- computer obs and capture card 

- external device


Why use a mirrorless camera?

Using DSLRs offer excellent video quality, ultra-high photo resolutions, and impressive low-light performance. If you want the same image quality as a DSLR with a more compact camera, consider using a mirrorless camera for your live stream. 


What equipment is needed to stream live?
What equipment do I need for live streaming? 

You'll need a camera, mic or microphone, lighting, and a stable internet connection. You'll also need to get your (digital) hands on some live streaming software.

There are free social media platforms, like YouTube Live and Facebook Live, that allow you to live stream an event for free (other than the cost of any equipment you may have purchased for production).


How do I connect my live camera to the live stream?

Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the camcorder HDMI output and the other end of the cable to the HDMI input of the video capture device.

  1. Connect the video capture device to the computer using the USB cable.
  2. Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.  




How do I set up live streaming? 

  1. Connect your audio and video sources. This involves physically connecting the audio and video sources to your main live streaming setup (the PC or laptop). ...
  2. Configure the encoder. ...
  3. Connect to the streaming platform. ...
  4. Check your internet connection. ...
  5. Start streaming.











~ Adrian Lee











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription