What I Learned from Teaching a Smartphone Video Production Workshop

 I had a great time teaching a smartphone video production class on Sunday. It was a full-day workshop where I shared my tips and tricks on how to create engaging videos using only a smartphone. I also modified the lessons from a two-day format to a one-day format to suit the needs of the participants.


Some of the achievements of the day were:


- Completing the modified lessons on time and covering all the essential topics.

- Having 20+ participants who were highly interactive and produced some interesting videos.

- Revealing my updated social media findings for the first time in a class and showing how to do more than upload a video to get more reach in a social media presence.


Some of the challenges I faced were:


- Forgetting to take a group photo with the participants. I always like to capture the memories of each workshop.

- Feeling tired because of the late-night preparation for the modified slides. I wanted to make sure everything was perfect and relevant.

- Forgetting to pre-inform participants about the showtime where they could showcase their work. I left out the reminder slide while modifying the slides.


What can be done better next time:


- Bring a wireless power bank for my Galaxy S22 Ultra while it is plugged into the HDMI projection for the whole day. I don't want to risk running out of battery or having to unplug it during the workshop.


If you are interested in learning more about smartphone video production, feel free to connect with me. Thank you for your support and feedback!


~ Adrian Lee 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming