How I Created a Product Review Video, and a Lead Magnet, in One Day (And What I Learned Along the Way)

Being a content creator is not easy, but it can be rewarding and fun. Let me tell you how I managed to create three different types of content in one day and what I learned from the process. 


Today was another productive day for me as a content creator. I made some progress on my Project Y long-form product review video, which is a series of 1-minute chapters that showcase the features and benefits of the product. I finished one chapter today and posted it on various video platforms. I still have 6 more chapters to go.


I also repurposed my Wednesday 1-hour YouTube live-stream recording of a full Capcut video editing class into a lead magnet. I offered it as a pay-what-you-want download. This way, I can provide value to my followers and also generate some income from my work.


Speaking of followers, I'm happy to report that one of my Facebook reels reached 50k plays after 14 days of posting. This reel was about how to use Capcut to create stunning videos for social media. It seems that many people are interested in learning this skill, and I'm glad that I can share my expertise with them. My Facebook followers reached 95.5k today, and my TikTok followers reached 145.2k. I'm grateful for the support and feedback that I receive from my community every day.


Of course, not everything went smoothly today. I faced some challenges that tested my patience and creativity. For example, the editing of one 1-minute chapter took me 2 hours, which is longer than usual. This is because I added an extra step to use AI to perfect the script. I wanted to make sure that the script was clear, concise, and persuasive, but the AI tool was not always accurate or helpful. Sometimes, it changed the meaning or tone of what I wanted to say, and I had to correct it manually.


Another challenge was that the above video exceeded 1 minute by 15 seconds. This meant that I could not upload it to YouTube Shorts, which has a maximum limit of 60 seconds. YouTube Shorts is a great way to reach new audiences and grow my channel, so I was disappointed that I could not use this feature. However, I decided not to spend more time editing the video further, as I felt that it would compromise the quality or content of the video. Instead, I uploaded it as a regular video and hoped that it would still get some views and engagement.


The last challenge was that my phone ran out of memory today. It contained last week's 5 days of 4k 60p video recording of my Seoul Holiday which I will not delete till they are edited and posted. This was a problem because I needed to record more videos for Project Y and other projects. I had to delete some old files and apps that I did not use anymore. This took some time and effort, but it was necessary to free up some space on my phone.


Despite these challenges, I learned a lot today. Some of the things that I learned were:


- How to use Facebook Professional Dashboard to manage my Facebook Profile and reels

- How AI can be a useful tool but also a potential threat to content creators


I also realized that there are some things that I can do better next time:


- Journal earlier in the day when I have more energy and focus

- Record what I learned immediately after learning it so that I don't forget

- Find a way to integrate AI into my work faster and more effectively


These are some of the things that happened today in my life as a content creator. Thank you for reading this story and following me on my journey. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. Have a great day! 😊


Thanks to Bing Chat for making my journal look complete.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming