5 Reasons to Join a Video Making Course in Singapore

8 and 9 June 2019. I broke the traditional method of conducting my popular 2-day Videography and Video Editing Course for Beginners in Singapore.

What happened?

It is a weekend. I was expecting participants wanting to learn video making for hobby, travel, or home videos.

Instead all 8 participants were there for bigger reasons.

Here are the 5 big reasons for joining for the video making course.

  1. Make training videos on YouTube
  2. Start a vlogging YouTube channel
  3. Create e-commerce product videos
  4. Switch career to the media industry
  5. Enhance skills for videography job

So, it’s all about career and business!

Well, they are all in the right place.

Did my breaking experiment work?

This is the FIRST TIME I made a drastic change in the contents of this 2-day course.

I introduced more hands-on activity that I feel all video makers must know.

  1. Interview someone anywhere.
  2. Shoot a self introduction video.
  3. Capture b-rolls for a visual story.
  4. Vlog outdoors with scenery shots.
  5. Setup a studio with lights and mic.

I am glad it worked. Participants seem to love the activities.

What did not work?

Because of the newly added activities, I have to sacrifice 2 modules, which anyway I wanted to let go long ago.

  1. The Overview of Video Production.
  2. Choosing the Right Camera and Gear.

Some expectations were also not met, though those are not in the training content objective.

  • Learning how to work as a team – I am teaching one-man video making skills. So I will not cover video production crew work.
  • Learn how to use professional equipment – My target participants are people who need make videos as a supplement to their work or business and using gear they can afford for their needs. My target participants are not people who work or want to work in the video production industry.

So, I may need to tweak my sales copy.

What is my biggest takeaway?

In this class, the biggest takeaways are the most popular questions asked.

  • Where to get music?
  • How to make title effects?
  • Which camera should i get?
  • Which software should I get?
  • How to make those magic videos?

These are the same questions from the previous classes.

Well, I think it is time to create some mini courses.

What is going to happen next?

Planning the iteration of the course, I will experiment with some more new ideas.

  • Rewrite the sales page to attract people who want to be on Youtube and in Facebook videos.
  • Include a Facebook live posting activity.
  • Give out modules one and two as pre-workshop content.
  • Encourage participants to make a daily 1-minute vlog for consecutive 30 days.
  • Turn the private alumni Facebook group into a paid membership group for continued learning.

The ultimate goal is to create a course that markets itself… Just like the kind of business I had done in the past.

What do you think the result of this experiment will turn out to be?

See you in the next post.
Adrian Lee
Videographer turned Youtuber
https://adrianvideoimage.com
Living in a Digital World

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing