My Journey to Smart Investing... Etoro

MMI suggests that I should allocate 10% of my earnings to my FFA jar daily. This seemed like a simple and effective strategy, but I wanted to make sure my money was working for me.

Initially, I considered depositing it in my bank. However, the interest rates were disappointingly low. Even fixed deposits and bonds were not much better, offering an average return of around 3% for a minimum deposit of $100k.

This led me to explore the world of stocks. One particular stock caught my eye - SPY. It had consistently yielded returns of 10% per annum over the past decade.

BRK was another option I considered. But its returns were comparable to SPY and it relied heavily on Warren Buffet. That seemed like too much of a risk for me.

I also explored other ETFs like VOO, TQQQ, and others. However, they were relatively new and I wasn’t convinced they would be as stable as SPY.

But there was a catch with investing in SPY - it required USD. Converting my currency to USD would result in an immediate loss. Plus, Moo charges $1 for every transaction.

Just when I was about to give up, it hit me - I had USD sitting idle in my PayPal account! Using that would save me the conversion fees.

After some research, I discovered that eToro accepts PayPal and the transaction fee for the SPY ETF is quite reasonable.

The ongoing charges on the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) are around 0.095% per year… More info here... https://www.etoro.com/stocks/investing-in-etfs/

And that’s how I found a smart way to invest my money. It’s been an interesting journey and I’m excited to see where this path leads me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming