Receiving a Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search - Google is Conned

"Google has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of the material found on your site allegedly infringes upon the copyrights of others..."

I received an email that one of my web pages infringed the copyright of others.

There is the link to the sender of the complaint, too...

... https://lumendatabase.org/notices/28657665#

========

Copyright claim #1

KIND OF WORK:Unspecified
DESCRIPTIONHello I am shahzaib ur rehman a Content writer and a blogger, Currenly i have wrote an article about some topics and i get indexed in the google as well, but after few days some of other site copy my content from my site. i think this is a cheating to steal someonce idea of the content. i like to request google team to Punish them
ORIGINAL URLS:
  1. www.towardsiot.com - 1 URL
ALLEGEDLY INFRINGING URLS:
  1. gadgetgang.com - 1 URL
  2. flythatdrone.com - 1 URL
  3. www.videolane.com - 1 URL"






========

So Sharzaib is complaining about 3 websites that stole his content, including mine.


Here's all I did...


I just quoted one sentence from flythatdrone.com and credited them.
So now I know flythatdrone.com in turn took the sentence from... where? 


So Googled the sentence and found this...

"In response to multiple complaints we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 32 results from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaints that caused the removals at LumenDatabase.orgComplaintComplaintComplaint."

Then I searched the complainer Shahzaib's website and found a suspicious unloadable page where the sentence came from... 
... https://www.towardsiot.com/web-stories/dji-pocket-3-release-date-official-leaks


So Google Search might have been conned by Shahzaib, which I cannot do anything about. 

Please read the Complaint above again and you can see numerous grammar mistakes. 

How could he have written a decent article if he cannot even write a proper short paragraph? 

All I know is my web page has been removed from the search engine and the traffic fell from 50 visitors a day to zero.  



Only one page is affected.  The rest of my website is not affected. 

So what can I do to bring my web page back into the search result? 

I can do a counter-notification here... https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_counternotice

... but first, let me remove the quote from my site.  

Since I quoted and cited a sentence from another website that supposedly took the sentence from yet another website, then I will not counter-notify. 

From now on I will not quote directly from someone else's sentence, but I will still credit the source where the information comes from.

That will give me stronger credibility to counter the action. 


~ Adrian Lee

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming