How to Download HD Video From Facebook Private Group

How to download Facebook live videos from a private group in HD?

This week, while conducting my 2-day Videography And Video Editing Workshop in Singapore, I live streamed the sessions to a private Facebook group.

The video was recorded online and looks good when played back in HD 720P.

I want to download these recorded sessions to edit them into smaller chunks.

Then I discovered that there are many ways to download a private Facebook group video.

There are two problems though.

Most download methods don’t work and those that work gave me the low-resolution version in 480p.

Since there is no proper way to download the high-definition version, I created my own method.

So here is how to download a live HD video from a Facebook private group.

  1. Download, install and run Wondershare Filmora9.
  2. Select “Record PC Screen”.
  3. Turn on “System Audio”.
  4. Press the record button.
  5. Watch the 5-second countdown timer.
  6. From the internet browser, go to your Facebook private group page, and Play the video in full screen.
  7. Stop recording when the video is complete.

Okay, this is not really downloading the video, but at least I am getting a high-resolution version of the video.

If the video is 2 hours long then it will take 2 hours to record.

I have to set my computer to “Do Not Disturb” mode.

One more thing. Wondershare Filmora9 is free for 30 days.

Next, I will be editing these downloaded videos. Tune in to the next post to watch. Subscribe.

Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question.

Share this post with your friends.

From the Journal of Adrian Lee – https://adrianvideoimage.com/

PS: This is part of my online course creation project. Comment below if you want to follow my online course creation Journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing