M1 Huawei ONT Modem Not Working

Last night…

The internet at home got cut off. There was wifi connection but no internet. Upon checking, I found that the modem was not working… No lights on the device. The Huawei modem is supplied by M1 for the fibre broadband.

This morning…

Called M1 support.

M1 support confirmed with me that there are no lights on Modem.

Also confirmed whether I have tried to plug in to other power sockets.

M1 support arranged a tech to visit on Monday.

Today is Saturday.

I asked if I can go down to a shop to collect myself.

M1 support said for this installation, a tech has to go the the actual location.

So, here’s to a weekend at home without Wifi.

“Apocalypse!!!” My kids said.

A check with a forum page at hardwarezone revealed a little bit more information… https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/m1-ont-modem-broke-down-5469901.html

It is a modem, not a router.
It’s called the ONT modem.
It is not a device you can buy off the shelf.
It is supplied by the telcos.
You can’t use one telco’s modem for another telco’s broadband.
The modem is configured to work with the specific telco.

What is ONT?

Optical Network Terminal. The ONT (also called the modem) connects to the Termination Point (TP) with an optical fibre cable.

My ONT modem is the Huawei Echolife HG8240…

It was installed by M1 on 25 June 2014 with the Fibre broadband contract.

That’s 6 years ago. Is it about time to upgrade?

From the Journal of Adrian Lee – https://adrianvideoimage.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing