How to Open a CIMB USD Foreign Currency Savings Account (Step-by-Step)

I am about to. open ACIMB foreign currency savings account.

Step 1: First, I have to apply for a CIMB Fastaver account... CIMB FastSaver | High-Interest Savings Account | CIMB Singapore ... https://www.cimb.com.sg/en/personal/banking-with-us/accounts/savings-accounts/cimb-fastsaver-account.html ... I can apply through my info. Otherwise, All I need is my NRIC and proof of residential address in the form of a telephone bill or similar.

Step 2: Next, I'll have to transfer a minimum initial deposit of 1000 Singapore dollars via FAST. 

Step 3: A video call might be conducted for account verification. 

Step 4: Next, I will have to install the CIMB Clicks Singapore mobile app to set up my digital token. 

Step 5: Then finally, log onto my account through the app. Select "apply and services," then "apply for deposits," choose "savings accounts," then "Cimb foreign currency USD," and finally select "apply now."

========

Step 1...

I have done step one of the application. If no further review or follow-up is required, the new account will be automatically activated within five business days Subject to the bank's approval. 

========

Step 2...

I didn't have to wait 5 days. I received an email within one hour saying the account was opened. I have received the account number.

Now let's move on to step two. Make an initial deposit of a minimum of 1000 Singapore dollars via FAST from another Singapore Bank. 

Ohh no. They require the same signature On the personal check. from the other bank as the one I used for this application. They are different. 

Or maybe they meant that I must use the same signature I signed for this application to sign the checks from this new account. Anyway, I'm not going to use any checks anymore. 

Oh, wait. I actually already had the account number when I submitted the application. 

The email is just to confirm I opened an account, and I still have to wait for the approval within five business days. 

Update 24 July 2024...  My CIMB Bank account has been activated!

That's 4 days after application. 

Installed the CIMB CLICKS app and signed in with a username and password.

Steps 2,3 and 4 are done. 

========

Step 5...


PS:

Open a CIMB USD Savings Account: Easy Guide for Singapore Residents

Fast Track to Your CIMB Foreign Currency Account: 5 Simple Steps

CIMB Foreign Currency Account Application: A Beginner's Walkthrough




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription