Scam Emails: The Good, The Bad, and the NFT

Reviewed my email today and WHOA! Someone made an offer on my Opensea NFT. Whatever that even means... Okay, time to open Opensea and connect my Coinbase wallet.

Damn, forgot my Coinbase password. Okay, no problem, I've got that 12-word phrase saved. Quick Google Drive search and BOOM, found it. Now why didn't I save the actual password too? Used to be so organized about this stuff. Maybe crypto went out of my brain when the last bubble burst. Should I just give up?

Ugh, can't reset my password from the mobile app. Some YouTube dude says I need the Google Chrome extension. But where the heck is it on Microsoft Edge? Wait, it's there. Okay, let's login.

Of course there's no automatic way to get my recovery phrase back. Gotta do it manually. NOPE. Phrase file is BLANK. Freaking useless. Should I just call it quits?

Wait, let's create a new Coinbase wallet. New 12-words, saved those right away. Sidetrack: Oh hey, dictation works on the laptop– Windows key + H, good to know.

Coinbase Chrome extension wants me to make an ID. My usual one is taken. No way, time to ditch this whole thing... Wait, let me check my old wallet to if any purchases coinbase.

Holy crap, I FOUND my recovery phrase in my calendar! But now it wants a new password. What is this madness?

The good news: that scam kicked me back into the NFT world. Time to figure this out for real!

https://opensea.io/AdrianVideoImage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming