Where is the Movies Folder on the Macbook Air

Where are the Movies and Pictures folders on the mac? The folders are missing and not showing in Finder. 


In September 2021, I bought a new Apple Macbook Air M1 and installed Final Cut Pro X (FCPX) video editing software. After creating a new FCPX project, I couldn't find the Movies folder where all the media files are stores. 

So I Googled and found out that it was hidden and I have to unhide it.

Here's how...

1. Open a Finder window.

2. Go to Finder Preferences.

3. Select the Sidebar tab. 

In the Sidebar tab, I noticed the Movies and some other folders were unchecked.



I checked them all. 

Now I have every folder in my Finder.  

Why did Apple choose to hide them in the first place?

Please leave a comment to let me know. 

~ Adrian Lee


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming