How to invest in Ethereum in Singapore?

 I have been researching. 

Every article points to Coinbase. 

So let's go to Coinbase.com

I'm doing this on my phone. 


Let's get started with my Gmail.

Entered my name and Gmail.

Verified the application via email.

Entered my phone number for the OTP.

Entered my country, address, and birthday.

Finally, my occupation and my ID images. 

I can't log in before my ID is verified. 

How long does it take to verify my ID?

6 minutes.

I'm in.


So there are 2 more steps.

Add a payment method and Buy Crypto.

I can earn free crypto too...

"Invite a friend to Coinbase and you’ll both receive SGD 13.39 in free Bitcoin when they buy or sell their first SGD 133.94 on Coinbase!"

Click this link to join Coinbase...

I have only one choice of payment method.

Debit or credit card.

There is a buying fee of 3.99% for Singapore. 

I entered my credit card details.

Oops!

"Your credit card provider has disabled cryptocurrency purchases. Please try again with a debit card or bank account."

I entered my debit card details.

The card is linked successfully. 

Next, buy crypto.



I am allowed to buy up to only SGD150.

That's 0.05338497 ETH.

Coinbase fee is SGD5.76. 

Buy!

Oops!


Payment is declined again?

What other payment methods are there?

Let's buy SGD50.
Coinbase fee is SGD1.99. 
That's 0.0178 ETH.

Declined again!

According to the coinbase help page...

"Payment methods for Singapore customers... You can buy cryptocurrency with a credit or debit card if your card supports "3D Secure." You can purchase cryptocurrency instantly without waiting for a bank transfer to complete."


3D Secure?

That's a credit debit card problem?

Let's forget Coinbase for investment. 

Just earn free coins here.

Explore Binance.


~ Adrian Lee




























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing

How to Connect an External Video Camera to MacBook Pro for Live Streaming