Spending Quality Time with Children Learning the Abacus

Japanese sorobanImage via Wikipedia

4 July 2009 9pm:
Spending Quality Time with Children Learning the Abacus

Remembering the advice from Morris Allen School, to take interest in what your child reads, I decided to take interest in what my kids learnt from Abacus class.

Have tried spending time with kids to go through their homework years ago. Stella had been doing it all the while, though I think I could do a better job in English, Maths and Science.

My excuse for not spending time with kids was always that I have to stay late in the office to complete a video assignment that a client wanted delivered the next morning or "Dad got a shoot over the weekend."

Things are changing. After firing more clients this week, even the big loyal ones, I have freedom to plan my schedule.

No idea if this is the right thing to do, even with encouragement from reading Tim Ferriss 4 Hour Work Week articles. I have tried hiring staff, but that led me to spend more time going through the work of my staff and extra paper work. I have tried freelancers, which led to spending more time correcting their mistakes.

I think I have been doing my work too well. I think I will never find a better replacement for my clients. I have even raised my price, doubled and tripled, my loyal clients still want my work.

After all, I am in the service business, which T Harv Eker says I should get out of , and go into products business, if I want to get rich and have freedom.

As for now though, I realized my kids are growing too fast. Too fast maybe because I wasn't around to see them grow up.

The elder one is nearing her teens. I want to treat her like a kid before the chance is over.

I am not going to be a Donald Trump who only spend time with their kids when they started working with him.

So back to Abacus. I think a good way for my kids to revise their abacus lessons is to make them teach me Abacus. They did it with full of enthusiasm, and now I can click the abacus from 1 to 1 million, plus simple addition formula.

Adrian Lee
http://twitter.com/AdrianLee



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing