- Store optimised, proxy, and rendered media outside the library, at the location you choose. That means I can store the temporary files in a folder and easily delete that whole folder after the project. (+1 point)
- Can also easily delete optimised, proxy, and render files from within Final Cut Pro. This was the feature on my wish list. (+ 1 point)
- View and set storage locations for media, cache files, and library backup files using the Library Properties inspector. I got used to the automatic storage location setting. So, there is nothing to celebrate about this feature.
Set storage location
- You now have the option to show only unused media in the Browser. Bravo! (+1 point)
- Used media indicators now work with compound clips, multi cam clips, and synced clips.
- You can now sort events in the Libraries list by date or name.
Show only unused media
Support for wide-dynamic-range imagery from professional 4K cameras
- The new Apple ProRes 4444 XQ codec is the highest-quality version of Apple ProRes for 4:4:4:4 image sources (including alpha channels), with a very high data rate to preserve the detail from today’s highest-quality digital image sensors.
- You can apply a standard broadcast color space (Rec. 709) look in real time to high-dynamic-range and wide-color-gamut video shot on ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, and Sony cameras.
- You can now adjust the relative or absolute volume of a clip or range selection by entering a specific dB value. I thought this basic feature was there all along, but hidden from me. Now I know. (+ 1 point)
- Final Cut Pro 10.1.2 provides improved speed and accuracy when syncing clips. Must test this for myself, especially with hour-long seminar videos.
- New live audio recording features include an automatic countdown and automatic grouping of multiple takes into auditions. I am not a fan of auditions yet.
- The new Basic Surround preset simplifies panning for surround sound audio.
Adjust absolute volume
Import and Export Features
- Export and import entire libraries as single XML files using XML 1.4.
- Create keywords from Finder tags when you import media from a storage device.
- Quickly export cuts-only projects containing XDCAM media.
Other Notable Features
- You can now import media by dragging it from the Finder to the Browser (rather than to the event in the Libraries list).
- Nudging a clip in the Timeline now works like a slide edit.
- You can now break apart an audition.
Ok, these are the new features in Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.2. Less than half the enhancements really affect my professional and corporate video work… the rest are for broadcast video production. I am happy.