Here's what I found...
- Neil Patel built an SEO agency and made millions from it. - 2013
- Stumbled upon the business after giving his college speech on SEO, where he got his first client.
- The main ways to get new clients is through (1) speaking at conferences, (2) blogging, (3) helping out bloggers and (4) referrals.
- BLOG posts with more technical content and data get MORE LEADS.
- SPEAK at non-SEO/marketing conferences that charge at least $1000 per ticket.
- Talk about tactics people can use. Show example of companies using the tactics. Wrap up with data that shows your methods were successful.
- GIVE free SEO for bloggers and companies, in exchange for a link back to your site "SEO by...".
- SEO Clients rarely stick with you for more than 3 years. (My videography clients stuck with me for more than 7 years and still sticking!)
- Keep in touch with clients monthly (Like all other businesses)
- Take on clients that you can provide results.
- Charge client based on what they can earn from the raking result.
- Work with large brands at lower costs to use as case studies to secure future sales.
- Take on clients that pay you six figures and not a few thousand.
- Give detailed FREE proposal on how they can fix their current problem. If they have the time to do it on their own, fine... otherwise hire you.
- "The quickest way to increase revenue is to become the outsourced arm of bigger agencies."
- Work with ad agencies. Let them white label your service. Ask for six-figure contracts.
- Never stop giving and give without expecting anything in return.
Do you own an SEO business? If yes, please share your experience.