Shooting Singapore Flyer with Sony HDR-FX7 High Definition Camcorder

Singapore FlyerAm I the first videographer to board the Singapore Flyer even before its opening?

I was just staring at the Singapore Flyer last week from the 46th storey of One Raffles Place, wondering how best to film the the whole observation wheel if they were to have fireworks there.

Strangely, the next moment, I was invited to board the giant ferris wheel for a videography assignment.
The first thing that came in to my mind was to shoot in high definition, Full HD in HDV, using my Sony HDR-FX7 High Definition Camcorder.

To ensure I get the best shots during the 20-minute ride, I planned the shots way in advance. Studied the best London Eye commercial videos on the web.
All I needed was my camcorder, wide angle lens, tripod and my must-shoot checklist. ND filter set to 2. No sound required.

21 January 2008, 10am: A bright sunny morning with passing clouds over Singapore Marina Bay.

The capsule climbed to the tip of the wheel and paused there for about 5 minutes for the photographers to snap away.
The view was breath-taking. You can see Singapore's key landmarks. The merlion became so tiny. The esplanade were just 2 silver beads.
I took a few time-lapse shots while on the climb. Beautiful!

I wish I could show you the exclusive view on video no one has seen yet. But I signed an agreement not to disclose it.

Anyway, here is my personal video shot from the ground and edited in time lapse effect with Sony Vegas Pro 8.
Thanks for watching! :)


Adrian Lee

Comments

  1. hi Adrian

    Nice video. Can i post it on Singapore Flyer's facebook? :)

    Bei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bei, you're welcomed to share the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:36 pm

    [...]resource[...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:39 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing