- Hostgator and BlueHost are owned by EIG. Endurance International Group.
- EIG bought Hostgator for $225 million in 2013.
- Also owns Fatcow, iPage, Bluehost, VPSLink and more.
- Good news:
- EIG has more money and great customer support.
- Bad news:
- Data centre may move, hence the chance of losing data.
- Hostgator CEO will not be there after the acquisition.
- Migrated to Provo, Utah.
- Suggested move:
- Back up your Hostgator data.
- Who is EIG:
- EIG may be the biggest player in the web hosting industry.
- The company was first founded as a web hosting company in 1996 and is HQ in Burlington, Massachusetts. in 2011.
- EIG was acquired by Accel-KKR and GS Capital Partners for an undisclosed amount.
- EIG was once BizLand.
- Next Action:
- This is old news, but that could be why Bluehost is so bad now.
- However, Hostgator is still good.
- Godaddy (not EIG) seem to be getting better.
- Other notes:
- Hostgator was known to be #1 followed by Bluehost.
- Over 60 other web hosting companies acquired by EIG:
- Thoughts on EIG: http://www.linux-depot.com/non-endurance-international-group-eig-hosting/
Wednesday, March 09, 2016
EIG Owns Bluehost and Hostgator!
Adrian Lee has been involved in the business of capturing events on video since 1998.
Before getting into the video production business, he has been interested in all things audio-visual since he started out as an electronics technician dealing with hardware such as television and computers.
He has since progressed into the vocation of serving Multinational Companies and Government Agencies in Singapore, by recording and producing seminar videos, event videos and corporate videos.
Sharing his experience in video making, Adrian created a YouTube channel about Videography and Video Editing tutorials, which garnered over a million views.
Combining his skills in professional Videography, web video production and business operation, Adrian now teaches his expertise to Business Owners and Marketing Professionals who are looking to make their own ENGAGING web video.