Adobe released an update to its subscription-based Creative Cloud called version "2014.1".
The apps updated include Premiere Pro, After Effects, Prelude, SpeedGrade, Audition, Media Encoder and more.
Here are some features that I find interesting.
- User Interface color can now be changed... though mostly shades of grey.
- New codec support for GoPro Cineform and BlackMagic 4K Raw DNG... so if you are getting an Action Camera, it's nothing else but GoPro.
- Multi-colored tags and markers for Prelude, the video logging and ingesting tool... currently only one color.
- In Premiere Pro,
- You can pick a sequence from Media Browser and view it in the timeline... though its locked for safety (just for viewing and copy/pasting only).
- A favourite folder in Media Browser panel... for bookmarking frequently accessed folders.
- Consolidate and Transcode feature in Project Manager... so you can change multiple formats to one single format for speedy smoother editing experience (like FCPx).
- Similarly there is the "Render and Replace" on the clip level and "Restore Unrendered" for better quality final export.
- Color indicators on the FX icon in the timeline clips to tell you if effects are applied on the original master clip.
- You can actually install CS6 for backward compatibility from the CC download app.
- A magic button in SpeedGrade for one-click color matching... I love this one, no need to spend hours tweaking colors anymore.
- Media Encoder setup to render a file in another machine.
2014.1 will be released later after Adobe MAX next week...
I will find out more next week.
Side note: I am surveyed and classified by Adobe as a Preditor, aka Producer Editor.