I have uninstalled Premiere Pro CC to reduce clutter of apps.
Now, I face a new challenge.
Intermittent random blinks or flicker occur on H264 MP4 exports.
The annoying split-second blinks occur at different places on repeat export.
Freeze framing the blink, you see a darkened image or a green blank screen.
29 August 2014 Update: The temporary solution... Turn off GPU.
- Go to Files > Project Settings > General...
- Select Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine Software Only.
I attempted to identify the cause:
- . Original mts video blinking? No. The original files were great.
- . Wrong sequence settings? No. Other sequence settings also have the same problem.
- . Effects filter? No. Removed all effects and exported the naked mts file still produces the blink problem.
- . h264…
- . How is Youtube 1080p? Ok. But clients wants it rendered in 720p for some hardware reason?
- . youtube 720p…
- . YouTube HD 720p 25 default - blink
- . Tweak Adrian YouTube HD 720p 25 profile main 4.1? blink.
- . Tweak Adrian YouTube HD 720p 25 profile high 4.0? blink.
- . Reset MacBook Pro? blink.
- . Try other export format, eg MPEG2? blink.
- . Turn off GPU? blink.
- . Use HP PC laptop? Ok.
- . Check forums? Happens to Premiere Pro users on Mac only.
- . Updated OS X to 10.9.4? Blink.
- . Uninstall and reinstall premiere pro cc 2014 and media encoder? blink.
- . Back to Sequence setting, set at 720p? blink.
- . Export as h264 hd 720p (not Youtube)? blink
- . Export as h264 vimeo 720p? blink.
- . Export as quicktime mov h264 720p? blink.
- . De-interlace mts? blink.
- , Sequence setting again, set to AVCHD? blink.
- , Sequence setting one more time, set to clip property? blink.
Apple and Adobe are not friends.
I, the video editor, is the victim.
Wasted 1 full day sorting this out.
When in Rome, do what the Romans do.
When using Apple, use what Apple makes.
Otherwise use PC for non-apple apps.
Back to my old faithful HP laptop to complete my backlog of work, until Apple and Adobe become friends.
Do you have similar issues? Please share.
UPDATE: 17 July 2014 - I am back using my HP windows PC laptop with Sony Vegas Pro. Flawless! Fast!