- Maxon Cinema 4D Lite is an industry standard 3D and Animation Creation Software.
- Comes free with Adobe After Effects CC.
- Can only be activated from within After Effects.
- (Note: After Effects is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription)
- One heck of a learning curve for a newbie.
- Maxon has 4 Cinema 4D products: http://www.maxon.net/products.html
- Cinema 4D Studio (about US$3,700)
- Cinema 4D Broadcast (about US$1,700)
- Cinema 4D Prime (about US$1,000)
- Cinema 4D Visualize (about US$2,300) - for Architects
- Cinema 4D Lite is very similar to Cinema 4D Prime, but with some features missing and 2 features extra:
- Fracture - break objects into parts.
- Effectors - add effects to the above broken parts.
- (Note: Must register online to get the 2 extra features)l
- HoEw to add and edit an existing Cinema 4D file?
- Import a Cinema 4D file.
- Make a comp with the file.
- Use Effects Control panel to tweak effects.
- Note: On the timeline, the Cinema 4D file is not a 3D file, but a 2D file.
- To edit the Cinema 4D file, go to main menu > Edit > Edit Original.
- Whatever changes you make in Cinema 4D Lite will show up in After Effects.
- How to create a new Cinema 4D file from scratch?
- Go to main menu > File > New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File...
- Name your file and select folder to save in.
- The Cinema 4D edit panel will open up.
- Try to add a shape, reposition it, colour it...
- Click Save.
- Go back to After Effects and find the 3D file in the Project panel.
- Projects are saved as .c4d files.
Sunday, July 27, 2014
How to Use Cinema 4D Lite in After Effects CC
Adrian Lee has been involved in the business of capturing events on video since 1998.
Before getting into the video production business, he has been interested in all things audio-visual since he started out as an electronics technician dealing with hardware such as television and computers.
He has since progressed into the vocation of serving Multinational Companies and Government Agencies in Singapore, by recording and producing seminar videos, event videos and corporate videos.
Sharing his experience in video making, Adrian created a YouTube channel about Videography and Video Editing tutorials, which garnered over a million views.
Combining his skills in professional Videography, web video production and business operation, Adrian now teaches his expertise to Business Owners and Marketing Professionals who are looking to make their own ENGAGING web video.