Camtasia MP4 Error and Medialooks Watermark Removal

Adrian Video Image has posted a new item, 'Camtasia MP4 Error and Medialooks Watermark Removal'

Something really annoying happened to my Camtasia today. Wasted four hours of productivity just to figure out the solution.

What happened?

A “medialooks” logo appeared out of nowhere and stuck itself on the top left hand corner of all my renders.

I used the same setting I have always been using for the past few months without problem.

How did the “medialooks” logo get there? What did I do wrong? Was it some overlooked settings?

After going through all my Camtasia settings, I cannot find anything that will even turn on the logo.

Googling for the answer, I learnt  that the uninvited “medialooks” logo will appear in videos when there is some kind of QuickTime trial software installed.

Nonsense! I did not install any kind of QuickTime trial programs… wait… I did the regular update of iTunes and QuickTime player 3 days ago.

Then some forum expert suggests uninstalling QuickTime and installing free K-lite codec.  So I followed exactly.

Great! The time-sucking problematic logo is gone.  BUT now, there is a new issue!

Introducing the second problem…

Camtasia cannot detect MP4 video. There is audio but no visual.

What I am doing is use Camtasia to convert an MP4 video rendered from Sony Vegas to another format.

After tweaking K-lite and messing around with the confusing settings, Camtasia still cannot read an MP4 video properly.

What next?

Uninstalled K-lite codec… re-installed QuickTime…

NOW… Camtasia completely cannot accept MP4 files… and always showing codec error message.

Then it hit me… A little voice spoke…telling me what to do.

“Uninstall and re-install Camtasia!”

YES! it worked.

No need K-lite codec at all. Just install QuickTime first then install Camtasia.

ACTION STEPS

 

5 Steps to Solving Camtasia MP4 Codec Error and Removing Medialooks Logo Watermark

  1. Uninstall QuickTime.
  2. Uninstall Camtasia.
  3. Restart PC.
  4. Install QuickTime.
  5. Install Camstasia.

If you find this article is helpful, please link to this page.

Adrian Lee
http://AdrianVideoImage.com

Post to Twitter



You may view the latest post at
http://adrianvideoimage.com/2011/06/camtasia-mp4-error-and-medialooks-watermark-removal/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing