AVCHD to DVD Editing Workflow with Sony Vegas

I am making the transition from mini-DV tape recording to AVCHD recording.

I will be abandoning tape recording once and for all and move to memory recording.

I say transition because currently my AVCHD recording is on hard disk inside the camera.

I prefer memory card recording for maximum convenience, which will arrive soon on my new camcorder.

AVCHD recording is the way to go for an Event Videographer who shoots long hours.

I have been shooting 2-hour long seminars for the past two months and edited them to DVDs successfully.

The editing is done on Sony Vegas Pro 8 and converted to DVD-compliant MPEG2 files.

Here is the AVCHD workflow with DVD as the final product:
  1. Connect AVCHD camcorder (hard disk type) to PC via USB cable.
  2. Transfer AVCHD videos (.MTS files) to PC hard drive.
  3. Open Sony Vegas Pro 8.
  4. Drag and drop MTS files into Sony Vegas timeline.
  5. Edit. Add titles, cut scenes, add music, adjust sound quality, etc.
  6. Render project as DVD-compliant MPEG2 files (Use DVD bitrate calculator).
  7. Burn MPEG2 file to DVD with Corel VideoStudio.
Note that at least a Quad processor is required, otherwise Sony Vegas will crawl like a snail when working with AVCHD files.

I like the end result. The final DVDs delivered to clients look crisp and sharp.

So that's my AVCHD to DVD editing workflow with Sony Vegas.


Cheers!


Adrian Lee
http://videoLane.com









Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

  1. These days,ice bucket challenge gains its popularity. To follow this charity, I also took the challenge to dump the ice water to my head and recorded that with my Sony A5100. And soon I encountered another"challenge", which is to convert Ice Bucket Challenge AVCHD to DVD. Finally, a video enthusiast recommended me Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac and it really did well in converting Ice Bucket Challenge videos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Cancel My Adobe Subscription

Steemit/DTube Review 2018 by Adrian Lee

Sony Vegas Pro 8 Tutorial - Multicamera Editing