We all know clients cannot play and watch a video recorded in Betacam-SP. We do know all of us can easily play DVD, mini-DV and the up-and-coming HDV.
In today's tutorial, I will go through the process of transfering Betacam-SP to mini-DV. I do this frequently for clients, so that they can watch their videos while preserving high quality.
Sony Betacam SP Player
Sony MiniDV CamCorder
- Connect the Betacam Player XLR audio outputs to the MiniDV Camcorder Line audio inputs using the cable provided with the camcorder and a pair of XLR adaptors.
- Connect the Betacam Player s-video output to the MiniDV Camcorder s-video input using an s-video cable.
- Power up the units.
- Set the MiniDV Camcorder to VTR mode, AV in.
- Insert a blank MniDV tape into the MiniDV Camcorder.
- Insert the Betacam SP tape into the Betacam Player.
- Play the Betacam and start recording on the MiniDV Camcorder.