500 guests, 30 VIPs, 1 Minister and waitresses about 11.
Thing happen quickly. Got to be on my toes.
I love every minute of shooting great videos.
10 Tips To Capture A Great Video Of An Appreciation Dinner.
By Adrian Lee, http://VideoLane.com
- Get the program sheet from the organizer and familiarize yourself with the flow of events.
- Arrive two hours earlier to set up your tripod and camcorder at the best position but keep in mind to minimize obstruction, especially the VIP's view of the stage.
- Plug in the audio feed from the main sound system into your camcorder and do a SOUND CHECK. This is to capture good quality speeches.
- For speeches and performances, fix camcorder to the tripod but remember to zoom in and close-up on the action or emotion.
- For off-stage happenings, like reception and mingling, get the camcorder off the tripod and go mobile. Remember to unplug the audio feed.
- Capture more of the VIP mingling with the guests.
- Stay alert and capture emotions, especially happy ones.
- DO NOT capture people eating or munching their dinner.
- Not just people, but capture also the banners, gifts and any props that add to the theme of the celebration.
- Lastly, capture candid action shots. This is videography not photography.